Here are my winter essentials this year. The stuff I can't seem to live without lately:
1. Cozy sweaters, particularly my new Horny Toad Eclair Sweater
2. Big mugs for tea and coffee. I've been cutting back on my coffee consumption lately, but am loving de-caf tea. This Crate and Barrel mug is my current favorite.
3. Warm mittens. I've had a pair of black fleece Columbia mittens for eons. They're still going strong, and they've been a complete necessity this season.
4. Burt's Bees for days.
5. Brooks running tights. They're warm, not bulky, and can easily pass as respectable clothing to run errands in, even though I was probably previously sloth-ing on the couch prior to going out!
6. Sorel winter boots. Sadly, I've probably worn these boots every day for the past 3 weeks. No lie. I'm ready to retire them though. I toured a building for work the other day and accidentally stepped into about 6" of gross sludgy water in the basement. Thank god these suckers are waterproof!!
7. Teapigs Liquorice & Peppermint Tea. I do not like licorice. However this tea? Dear lord it is good! It's minty and sweet, and the perfect treat to sip prior to bedtime.
8. My trusty snow shovel. This thing has gotten a lot of use this year! #everydayImshovelin'
9. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Moisturizing but not heavy, and certainly not greasy like other heavy creams for winter. It's what my skin needs right about now.
That's it! Hopefully I can retire a few of these items soon! I'm ready for springtime flowers, and lighter jackets, and sweaters only because I have to, and running outside again!